The cyber threats that we face are not only ever-evolving, they are becoming evermore complex and sophisticated with each passing year, affecting a widening number of organisations and individuals. Over the last two year’s alone, the NCSC has reported that the UK faced 1,100 attacks, an average of 10 attacks per week.
The 6th Annual Cyber Security Summit welcomed cyber security and ICT professionals from across central government, local government, law enforcement, the NHS and wider public sector, to tackle key issues at the heart of UK public sector. Delegates discovered, determined and deliberated the latest developments, strategies and technologies available to successfully defend their organisations online.
The 6th Annual Cyber Security Summit took place on the 9th July in Central London. This event is free-to-attend for the public sector.
Speakers from the 2019 Cyber Security Summit
- Andrew Gould, Detective Superintendent, National Cybercrime Programme Lead, National Police Chiefs’ Council
- Ben Shaps, Head of Cyber Growth, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- Mark Brett, Cyber Security Lead, Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government
- Simon Newman, Strategic Development Lead, Police Digital Security Centre
- Dr Sarah Wiseman, Programme Leader, Goldsmiths, University of London
- Emil C Lupu, Professor of Computer Systems, Imperial College London
- Jon Kingsbury, Head of Digital Economy & Creative Industries, KTN
- Sal Uddin, Category Director, Software and Cyber Security, CCS
- Nour Fateen, Threat Intelligence Consultant, Recorded Future
- Nicola Whiting, Board member NeuroCyber & CSO, Titania
- Dr Robert Nowill, Chairman, Cyber Security Challenge UK
- Mahbubul Islam, Transforming Government Security, GDS
- Helen Hsein, Enterprise Customer Engineer, Google
- Siobhan Coughlan, Programme Manager, LGA
- Agata Samojlowicz, Cyber Lead, Innovate UK
- Ian Ridsdale, UK Public Sector, Fortinet
- Sam Trendall, Editor, PublicTechnology
- Darren Harmer, SE Manager, Tenable
- Talal Rajab, Head of Cyber, techUK
- Senior representative, NCSC
Key points from the 2019 event included:
- Addressing the latest cyber threat landscape & government strategies
- Understanding & mitigating against the latest cyber threats to the public sector
- Joining up the dots: Working with councils to build cyber resilience
- Keeping the lights on: Securing the UK national infrastructure
- One year on: Returning to the Cyber Schools Hubs Project
- Boosting & diversifying the UK cyber security workforce
- Cyber attacks: A threat to free and fair elections
- Successfully tackling cybercrime & online fraud
- Cyber & AI: An ever-evolving secure network
- Cyber & cloud: Protecting your online assets
- The never-ending march of IoT & cyber
- Growing & exporting UK Cyber
Who should attend?
Audit Managers - Data Guardians - Digital and Innovation Leads - Directors of Information Security - Directors of Risk and Audit - Directors of Security - Directors of IT - Directors of Transformation - Head of Business Crime - Heads of Corporate Security - Heads of Cyber Security - Heads of IT - Heads of Security Solutions - Information Security Managers - Security Advisors - Security Architects - Security Engineers
- Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.